Friday, April 27, 2012

March Work Trips

ARIZONA
Ironically, the weather in Iowa was about the same as it was in Arizona in March because of a little Iowa heat wave.  It was great to go with my friend Natalie and see our buddy Alyssa who just moved to AZ.  She is in the Camelback area but we also explored downtown Phoenix a bit and then drove to Tucson for our work conference.    GREAT Mexican food everywhere – I tried tamales for the first time, definitely a win!

COLORADO
I had two conferences in Colorado in the same week which gave my co-workers and I a little more time to explore.  Driving from Colorado Springs to Denver, we stopped at Garden of the Gods (rock formations) for a quick walk in our business attire.  The next night we went out in Golden, CO and went to the 2nd largest brewery there, GCB = Golden City Brewery (Coors being the largest).  A cool little place that Tony would have loved but a little torturous for me since I couldn’t really drink.  Then we drove on a nice mountain road back into Denver.  I couldn’t get many good pictures from within the car but the views were spectacular.



No comments:

Post a Comment