Sunday, April 1, 2012

Baby Month 1 - Jan

We are expecting!  I have been keeping a journal ever since we found out I am pregnant.  Here are my notes from the first month, January.



The Positive Test: I think the first words in my head were "oh wow", followed quickly by "oh sh*t". Why was it that we wanted to start a family so soon? Pregnant is such a small word but it kept getting bigger and bigger the longer I looked at the test result. Tony was a bit surprised by the result since we had a negative test a few days earlier. Earlier in the night I was teasing him about the horrible outfit he was wearing (white shirt, white shorts, black socks) so he was happy to rub in the fact that the image of him in that outfit will be forever burned into my memory because he was wearing it at the time we found out we were expecting. :-)  Tony summarized his thoughts in a similar manner "Oh crap, its real but in a good way."

The Next Days
  --  I find myself smiling ear to ear every time I go to the bathroom because it is another confirmation that I don't have my period and am likely pregnant. We decide to wait a week and take another test as additional confirmation before we allow ourselves to get too excited.
  --  First failure as an expecting mother, accidentally drank two caffeinated beverages in one day! But a little research showed I was still under the max for the day.

  --  We couldn't wait a week.  We took another pregnancy test and it was still positive. We are calling the doctor tomorrow to figure out what is the next step.
   --  Tony has mono and we are taking measures to make sure I don't get sick but every time I say something sassy, his response is "do you want me to kiss you?" Which ironically, is quite sassy. And what about all the pampering I need!



1 comment:

  1. yippee!! About the Michelle and Tony expecting part, not the Tony having mono again. yuck. Alicia and Ben are very excited to welcome another cousin to the family! yeah! :) congrats!

    ReplyDelete