(Contribution to our child's college fund from Tony, courtesy of the claw machine)
In our second month (February), we had an appointment with the OB nurse
to confirm the pregnancy and get some information regarding next steps. I wanted to make sure I saved up some really
good pee so we would have a nice, concrete, positive YES! Well, turns out I saved a little too
much! As I peed into the cup, it went in
with such force that it looped right back out and went all over my pants!!! There I was, sitting in the doctor’s office
bathroom, with urine soaked pants and an empty pee cup!! Luckily, I mustered up enough for a sample. But then I had the problem of dealing with my
wet pants?!? So what did I do? The same thing I did in first grade when I
peed my pants – pretended it didn’t happen :-) I now refer to this day as the day corduroy
pants saved my life because the coloring of the pants made it hard to notice
they were wet (or at least that is what I told myself). We went on with our appointment then I went
home to clean up and change my pants before going back to work. On my next appointment when I had to pee in a
cup, I didn’t want the same issue to occur.
So I COMPLETELY removed my pants before peeing into the cup. Luckily though, I have since gotten MUCH
better at the task with LOTS of practice.
Other Notes from Month 2:
- Tony’s mono is still considered contagious. You would be amazed at how difficult and annoying it is to be forbidden from kissing your husband.
- We went out for dinner at The Star Restaurant to celebrate the pregnancy. But with my pregnancy symptoms and Tony’s mono, we were a pretty dull pair.
- Feeling a little anxious about the thought of really being pregnant. Luckily the chapter of the baby book I am reading is addressing that exact issue.
- Tony typically has a pretty high level of “sappiness”. Even more so when I am leaving on a work trip while carrying his baby :-)
- I really dislike having to watch everything I say around my family so I don’t accidentally tell them I am pregnant.
- Earned a “pregnancy badge”, as I like to call it. I had to run out of a meeting at work to go in the bathroom and puke!

No comments:
Post a Comment