Sunday, September 30, 2012

Baby Month 9 - Sept


(A day where I finally felt good enough to do my hair before work so I had to take a picture)

Our last month, Month 9 (September) is finally here!  Well, it better be our last monthly pregnancy post because if I need to do a Month 10 October post there will be hell to pay.  Like most pregnant women at this stage in the game, I am ready to be DONE!  I could probably handle being pregnant for another couple weeks if I wasn't also still working full-time but doing both is challenging - especially when I am having trouble getting any sleep.  So this month is really just all about survival.  I eat, I rest, I poop - just like a baby!  :-)  Tony has been an extra stellar husband, making sure we have food to eat and keeping the house in order.  I would say he is in nesting mode, wanting to make sure we have everything taken care of before the baby comes.  He got all the baby gear cleaned/sterilized and set to go - even moved our big TV downstairs to give us more room for baby stuff in the living room.

Other Notes from Month 9:
  • What caused hormonal SOBBING fits this month?  Tony throwing out the leftover Papa John's garlic butter before I finished my last piece of pizza.  Tony agreeing to go on a Sunday drive but not being excited enough about it.  (Just to name a few)  Yes, I agree, poor Tony.
  • I have decided that telling a pregnant woman "It could be any day now" is just cruel and unusual punishment.  The most likely scenario is that the baby will be born on the due date so don't give a desperate lady any false hope that she will receive an early reprieve!
  • Everyday that I leave work I need to wrap up everything from the day as if I were not coming back the next day, which sometimes means I work a little later (ironically) and makes it rather depressing to show up the next day and start over again!
  • People keep asking me if I am excited or if I am scared to be so close to the big day.  Honestly, I don't feel either.  I am just ready for the day to be here and I don't feel like there is really anything else I can do to prepare for it.
  • I haven't really had any contractions yet.  A couple times I thought I was having one but then I just farted or burped and it went away :-)  So my theme of "It's just gas" from earlier in pregnancy is quite applicable now!
  • Doctor appointments are weekly now, including a very uncomfortable dilation check.  Two weeks in a row of only 1cm and "thick" which is disappointing that there was no progress but I should be thankful that I haven't had to deal with Braxton Hicks contractions or back labor. 
  • I took a mid-week vacation day the other day because I was feeling so horrible from lack of sleep.  I couldn't really nap but the rest did me lots of good.  I was even able to go for a walk by dinner time!  I miss walking so much - such a great stress reliever and body refresher.
  • I got my "push present" a little early - the Galaxy Note Tablet!  (We actually used my credit card points so it was nearly free.)  It will be great to have during labor to pass some of the time.  The only problem is my belly gets in the way of where I would normally hold it, so I need to rest it on my stomach and then the baby kicks and shakes it all about!  
  • Best present this month?  Tylenol PM!!  I was complaining to the doctor that I couldn't sleep and he asked if I tried Tylenol PM.  What?!?  I can take that?!?!  We immediately drove to the store to pick some up.  I feel a little guilty for "drugging" the baby but probably a small price to pay for some sanity.
  • I convinced Tony to read me a bedtime story the other night.  I thought it would be good practice since I knew he was unsure of his story time skills.  Turns out he is a natural!  Since then, we have read a couple other bedtime stories to each other which is fun practice.
  • I woke Tony up in the middle of the night the other night because I wasn't feeling well.  I asked him a question to which he responded "Umm...." and while I was waiting for his answer he appeared to fall back asleep!  I just rolled over and decided to ignore him but about 5 minutes later, he said "Wait, did you ask me a question?"  Apparently he thought he was only dreaming but slowly came to the realization that he wasn't.  So his help was delayed but appreciated. 
 (We went out for a nice dinner on what could be our last weekend without kids and got myself some fancy, cooked sushi)

1 comment:

  1. We had sushi on Sunday in Galena and I almost called you to see if you wanted us to bring some over for you :)

    ReplyDelete