(Picture from Cartegraph baby shower, I call this my "12 months pregnant" dress)
This Month 8 (August) is the first month where I haven't kept any notes along the way to help me write my monthly baby blog post! That has really been an indication of how much more tired and less productive I have become. I am lucky to get 5000 steps in a day these days. We have been spending some extra time getting our house and ourselves ready for the baby. The baby room is done, we (hopefully) have all the supplies we need, and we attended baby prep classes at Mercy.
I also took a prenatal yoga class this month. The first class did not go well. I was so frustrated that I could not do the moves that I once could and so many of the other attendees were much less pregnant than me. At one point, I almost started crying during the class - and at that moment the teacher made a comment about how some of us might get "emotional" during class. I thought - Oh No! She can tell I am going to cry! Pull it together Michelle!! Luckily, I saved all my crying until I got to the car and I texted Tony that it was "his fault" because he had pushed me to take the class. So Tony immediately started cleaning (his normal response when he is worried he is in trouble) and he finally breathed a sigh of relief when I came home and gave him a hug. I relaxed for the next couple of classes and started to enjoy it more, so in the end, I was glad I had signed up.
Other Notes from Month 8:
- I have been having some fun picking on Tony. I told him I decided my "present for being pregnant" should be a new iPad. It was fun to see his face as he struggled choosing between his wife and his anti-Apple convictions! The wife won (with some limitations such as no tech support from him) but he was happy to realize I was just messing with him.
- We have been eating out more lately under the ruse of taking advantage of our DINK (dual income no kids) lifestyle while we can!
- The first baby class we attended created some anxiety for me. I responded very maturely by continuously declaring (to myself and Tony) that "babies are stupid". Tony helped me realize a lot of my anxiety was related to my decision to breast feed - meaning the baby always relies on me and only me and my body is continued to be sacrificed/uncomfortable. But now that we are aware of this issue, we can better deal with it.
- I had a second baby shower, this time at work, and received so many wonderful and generous gifts! Kudos to my friends Natalie and Alyssa for hosting and bringing yummy Pancheros - and we had enough leftovers for a couple of additional meals!
- I had a nice BIG piece of cake the other night before bed. I think I gave the baby a sugar high or something because she was moving so much it felt like she was going to pop out of my belly button! It was pretty freaky, but she calmed down after 15 minutes or so of pure discomfort.
- Tony often gets the "Poor Tony" angle for putting up with me, especially while I am pregnant. I was VERY happy to see the tables turned at his parents house when his mom was declaring "Poor Michelle" because Tony took me out on a hike on a hot day. Yes, Karen, I agree - Michelle needs much more relaxing and resting time! Hmmm... I wonder if I mentioned that pre-natal massage I had the other day.... :-)
(Sneak peak of the decor in the baby room - we finally chose a decal)


I love reading your blog and can't wait until she is here. It won't be long now. So glad Tony is watching over you . He gets that from his dad. Karen
ReplyDeletecute room decals! Glad to hear you guys are enjoying the last few months of Dinkhood :) and trying to rest while you can!
ReplyDelete