(Tony and I on the day of the baby shower with our awesome diaper cake!)
In Month 7 (July), I started my third trimester and can definitely see myself starting to slow down. I have decided that pregnancy must be designed to prepare husbands for taking care of small children because I was certainly acting like one after a REALLY long day. I was so grumpy, whiny, and teary one night from being overly tired that Tony put me to bed early because I was too tired and confused to take care of myself. When I used the restroom prior to getting into bed, I had a huge sobbing fit because the new toilet seat "jumped up and bit me" (pinched my leg) so Tony held me and comforted me while I cried and he (unsuccessfully) tried not to laugh. I wasn't in bed for very long when I stumbled back out to the living room and declared that my stomach hurt. He walked me back to bed, got me some medicine and a bucket, rubbed my belly and cuddled me while I whined because I was so uncomfortable that I couldn't sleep. I couldn't figure out why I felt so horrible until I suddenly "dealt" the biggest, smelliest fart I have every experienced and started to feel better. Tony just plugged his nose, turned off the light, and left the room while I went to sleep.
Other Notes from Month 7:
- July weather has been unseasonably warm with 90's practically every day! The month started out with me feeling tired, hungry, and grumpy every day. I was beginning to think it was my new normal but luckily I started to feel better once the heat lifted a bit and I forced myself to eat a little better and not give up on walking. My goal these days is 6000-8000 each day instead of 10,000.
- Everyone got a new bed this month! Tony and I got our king-sized headboard installed, we bought a crib for the baby and Guster got a fancy cat tree. The cat tree was actually a bribe to keep Guster away from the crib - which didn't quite work. In the first week, we already found a scratch from him! Oh well, the crib had to be broken in at some point. And on the bright side, Guster has taken to his tree and pretty much left the crib alone since then.
- When mattress shopping for the crib, Tony commented "Let's get the flippable one instead of the pillow top so if the kid makes a mess in the middle of the night, we can just flip the mattress and worry about it later." Genius, pure genius.
- We got the nursery all set up, after trying multiple different configurations, and one night of sleeping on it - not literally :-) The dresser is even full with washed clothing. Tony was put in charge of picking out a wall decal for the decor and he has been VERY picky, so we will see if we can get that done before the baby is here!
- Tony worked late one night to setup a few things in the surgery rooms. He came home declaring that I can not have a c-section because scrubs are just WAY too uncomfortable :-)
- My tummy has been very active this month. Seeing all the movement from the outside (instead of only feeling it from the inside) was a bit frightening at first but now its kind of fun to watch and I am insisting Tony participate in some regular "tummy time".
- Tony has been a bit more protective these days. One day I was going for a walk around the block by myself and when I came around for my second lap, he ran out of the house to catch up with me because he couldn't stand the sight of me walking by myself. And he insists that he be on the street side for our walks.
- This month was my first ever BABY SHOWER hosted by our wonderful family. Probably my favorite part was hearing all the nice advice from family members - and the cake. Hopefully more pictures to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment