(Tony and I on vacation in the Wisconsin Northwoods - closest we got to a "belly shot")
Well, the time has finally come - Month 6 (June) begins the stage of strangers asking me how far along I am! I didn't think I was quite that obvious yet (depends on what I wear), but I am thankful that no one has tried to touch my stomach yet. The highlight of this month was celebrating our 1-Year anniversary with a "babymoon" vacation to the Northwoods! It was such a wonderful time (other than the car sickness) seeing the beautiful scenery, relaxing, indulging in good food/beer, and just being able to enjoy each others time. My favorite part was probably kayaking on Lake Minocquoa. Tony's favorite part was seeing the waterfalls at Copper Falls State Park. I was able to keep up with Tony with virtually no problems (hiking did present bladder problems once again) and I was actually the one who had to convince HIM that we could do the kayaking.
Other Notes from Month 6:
- We started out the month with a wonderful trip to Chicago to do a little shopping and spend some nice time with Drew, Heather, Alicia, and Ben! We LOVE hanging out with them and got a bit of a shocking dose of reality related to life with kids. Let's just say, the poop on the shirt incident was "educational" :-)
- Heather was a GOD-SEND in helping us figure out some of the in's and out's of shopping for baby. It was very overwhelming and educational. It only took us an additional 3 hours at Babies R Us in Madison and about 4 trips to Target in Dubuque (not counting the several hours of online research) to complete our baby registry!
- I finally broke down and starting wearing maternity pants - and it was the best decision I ever made!!! I don't think I am ever going back to regular pants :-) The funny part is that most of my maternity clothes are a "sexier" style than my regular clothes - leave it to me to wait until pregnancy to get some fashion sense.
- I have been doing well with my walking, but can see myself starting to slow down. Even longer car rides require a recovery period.
- I completed my last work trip before my pregnancy travel restriction started - which included a cross-country flight and a really bad cold to go along with it. But at least my travels ended on a high note with a nice trip to Utah which included my friend Alyssa and some great sightseeing.
- Tony has been spending a little time with his head on my stomach and he was excited that he got to feel a kick for the first time! I appreciate the kicks as a sign that things are going well, but, in general, I am not the biggest fan. It's like having someone stand next to you with their fist drawn and never knowing when they are going to strike you (think How I Met Your Mother and Barney/Marshall with the slap bet).
- Just in time for our anniversary, Tony and I finally got the KING SIZED bed we have been wanting since the wedding. The sheets we got from some of the Kluesner/Koester gang are wonderful! It made the queen sized bed we had on vacation seem VERY small :-)
- I have been having some weird pregnancy dreams - like the one where I was pooping on someone's floor out of spite. I woke up in the middle of that one and had to make sure I didn't poop the bed - and NO, I did not.
Love the stories you share. You always make me laugh. --Melissa
ReplyDelete