Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Baby Month 5 - May

(The cookie from our gender reveal party -- too cute!)

In Month 5 (May), the big highlight of the month was having an ultrasound and finding out the gender of our baby!  A night or two before the ultrasound, I actually had a bit of a panic attack.  I realized that we were going to actually see our baby and everything would be real (not "just gas" as I like to tease).  I couldn't sleep and I started freaking out so badly that I woke Tony up because I was convinced I was going to give myself a seizure or a stroke.  Unfortunely, we had gone out that night and Tony had a few beers so he was also nursing his own headache as we got me some water and tried to calm me down in the middle of the night.  The ultrasound was wonderful, however, and I cried when I first saw our baby.  We didn't really say much during the ultrasound, just watched on the screen.  Tony did make a comment about the baby being camera shy like himself.  After the inital joy of seeing the baby, I was pretty much focused on holding in my VERY full bladder - which was the main reason why I was squeezing Tony's hand so hard!  The ultrasound tech even made a comment about how full my bladder was :-)  After I was able to empty my bladder (and even pee into the cup without spilling on myself!), we were waiting in the office for the doctor.  Tony was admiring the pictures they gave us and upon accidently dropping them on the floor said "Oh no honey, I dropped the baby!"  Nice one Tony, nice.

Notes from Month 5:
  • My tummy is starting to poke out - maybe even enough for a belly picture next month!  Tony leaned in for a kiss the other day and mentioned that I must be growing because he normally doesn't feel a tummy there. 
  • We got our garage sale mojo down!  Plenty of clothes and a few other supplies - organized into a couple totes by age. 
  • We learned a very valuable lesson this month - never send a hungry, pregnant lady alone to the grocery store.
  • Very happy to have reached the half way point in the pregancy!  I am noticing a bit more crying/hormones and a bit more back pain but hopefully I can keep up with my walking routine.
  • Traveling continues to be very hard on me - sometimes takes me an entire day to recover from a long trip.
  • As you saw from our gender reveal party video, I really thought the baby was a boy.  When the cookie was sitting out, I even thought I saw a smear of blue frosting on the box (turned out it was green frosting), so I was VERY surprised when we opened the cookie.
  • Karen remains undefeated in correctly guessing the gender of her grandchildren (4 of 4 so far).  When she brought us a gift she even mentioned it was the perfect gift for the gender - which I thought was pretty bold!  Ended, up being a pack of cloth diapers.  Oh, that Karen :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment