Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Baby Announcement


Tony and I considered lots of ways to tell our families the big news.  The family tradition is to write news on a big cookie, but we wanted to do something a little different.  We considered creating a t-shirt for our little niece to wear but didn’t want to step on anyone’s toes.  Since we would be announcing the news around Easter time, my friend had the idea of writing it on a Betty Jane Easter Egg – great idea!  As soon as we brought out the box at the Arnold Easter everyone gathered around because they knew what was happening.  So it wasn’t much of a surprise but it was fun to see everyone’s excitement!

Sharing Our News:

  • Tony’s parents found out about the pregnancy first.  I was concerned about the kidney stone type pain and went to his parents’ house to ask his mother (a nurse) for advice.  There was a bit of a “who’s on first moment” because I told her while I was crying and she just nodded because she couldn’t understand me but eventually we got it all figured out!  Cali was at the house too and she kept looking at me like “why is this girl leaking?!?!”  Luckily, she is good at keeping a secret :-)
  • Tony told his brother and family by phone.  It was great to hear Alicia’s excitement over the phone.  I believe her later quote was “Uncle Tony is giving me a new cousin!”
  • HILARIOUS to see the “glass shattering” as I told my friends Natalie and Alyssa I am pregnant and Natalie started realizing all the clues she had missed.  So glad to be done with all the lying since I was starting to get confused about who I told what.
  • Awesome to find out that one of my favorite cousins is also expected a baby and we can share in this experience together!
  • I traveled with a couple of co-workers to Colorado and they were VERY accommodating to my situation since I had just announced I was pregnant (and they are both great dads).  I hardly ever touched my own suitcase and when I had to drive back to the hotel by myself, they walked me to the car and checked the back seat to make sure no one was hiding there :-)  If Tony ever hesitates when I ask for help, I now saw “well, the Cartegraph boys would have done that”.  He just LOVES that.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment