I turned 40 this year and decided that meant I should have one party for each decade being alive - immediate family, extended family, Madison friends and Dubuque friends. And because I am 40, I also got to pick out my own presents - a beautiful birthstone ring and a ukulele. But Melissa surprised me with a lovely crown.
Family - It wouldn’t be a birthday celebration without the fam.
Madison - the original CMG 4, two turning 40 and one 50 this year! Seventeen years of friendship.
Dubuque - After a few drinks, you may think it is cool to take a picture with candy cigarettes, here is evidence that it is not. We also enjoyed the night out at Dimensional.
And since it is a milestone birthday, I thought it would be a good opportunity to fill out the kids birthday questionnaire for myself.
Favorite to eat: Warm gooey sandwiches, lattes
Favorite to do: Relax in my recliner, paint by number, cuddles
Favorite to watch: Sunday Today with Willie Geist
Favorite to read: Gossip magazines, stories
Favorite to help with: Planning for home updates and decoration
Favorite to learn about: Random knowledge and experiences via podcasts
Favorite to hang out with: Family, girlfriends
You are good at: Organizing, managing
Want to get better at: Keeping a regular fitness routine
Makes you laugh: Walter accidentally or purposely being funny and Johanna laughing hysterically
Makes you upset: People who are mean and dumb - you only get to be one
Favorite happen this year: Getting together with all my favorite friends for my birthday
Look forward to next year: Updates to kitchen
Future adventure: Visit Hawaii
Future learn: Retirement planning, playing ukulele
Future where live: A home with no stairs
Future want to do: Leave the kids at home and go for walks with Tony
Future not want to do: Cook
Future spend time with: Community organization or group
Tony played it cool for his birthday, as usual.







No comments:
Post a Comment