Saturday, July 21, 2018

Extra Mom Time


November 2017 to February 2018 I tried the stay at home mom thing. It wasn’t a good fit for me but I enjoyed the good parts. I didn’t so much enjoy that I couldn’t get Walter to nap. The kids went to school in the morning and were home with me in the afternoon. Some days I was counting down the minutes until it was time to turn on the TV. Although they are perfectly behaved when they want a snack.




Indoor playgrounds like Dubuque and Madison mall, as well as Children’s museums, were frequently visited. Winter perhaps wasn't the best time to be off work but we did get to play outside some too. One time I let Johanna go sledding outside while I stayed inside with Walter and we used the walkie talkies to communicate (hers in zip lock baggie).















Kids at indoor playground: A kid told Walter to shut up. Johanna responded "You are not the boss of my brother!" while taking his hand and leading him away. Later Johanna was telling a kid to leave her alone and when he didn't, Walter tackled him. Those two definitely have a tight bond (especially at bed time when Walter is yelling to Johanna to save him).

Projects were fun to do with Johanna. Walter was a little more challenging.





I even went to Johanna's classroom to explain what I do as a Business Analyst.



For our last afternoon with me at home, the kids chose to go to Dunkin Donuts.




I think the extra time with the kids has caused them to favor me more than typical. It's fun most of the time, but sometimes I could use a little more space.





No comments:

Post a Comment